If you have reached our tax investigation advice page then it probably means one of two things:
- You have received notification from HMRC that you have been selected for a tax investigation or compliance check.
- You have concerns regarding unpaid taxes and/or tax evasion
Tax Investigation advice on local compliance issues
Contact will usually come from this office in the form of an HMRC compliance check.
HMRC will usually write to you informing you that a check of self assessment tax return has commenced and ask you to supply relevant information and/or records. You can read detailed information on supplying records during an HMRC compliance check by visiting our dedicated page.
Tax Investigation advice on serious fraud
You may have received notice that HMRC suspect serious fraud and that you are now the subject of investigation under the Code of Practice 9 procedures. Cases conducted under this provision require very specialist tax investigation advice
Admiral Tax offer you free no frills, no nonsense service in the following areas:
- Tax investigation advice to individuals
- Tax investigation advice on businesses
- Tax investigation advice on HMRC compliance checks
- Tax investigation advice on seld assessment checks
- Tax investigation advice on serious fraud
Rememeber if you receive notice from HMRC that a compliance intervention of any kind has commenced, you need to obtain honest, straight forward tax investigation advice quickly.
Need additional tax investigation advice
We see so many HMRC investigations escalate unnecessarily, simply because of poor tax investigation advice, so do not allow yourself to fall into that trap.